What are the core practices for the Oakland Raiders on-field performance?
Next week, hundreds of educators and others will convene in Reston, Virginia to discuss, refine and design a list of core practices to improve the United States educational system.
A reasonable expectation is to raise similar issues in the performance standards of the Oakland Raiders.
For example, the educators will be looking at practices such as:
1. Attend to precision
2. Construct viable arguments
3. Make sense of complex situations and persevere in solving them.
4. Look for and make sense of situations. Identify patterns.
5. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Similarly, as assessments and core practices are discussed in the Oakland Raider franchise, we need to take a good look at:
1. Precision in executing plays. How can the rate of completed passes be increased?
2. Viable arguments to explain and substantiate why players did what they did, and how they performed on a game by game basis.
3. The situation on the playing field is complex. It is the collective interaction of not just one man, but of ma...
Read Complete Article at Bleacher Report - Sports & Society
Article is property of BleacherReport.com